What Are Core Web Vitals?
There are three Core Web Vitals that Google is encouraging all website owners to keep track of and improve in order to serve a better user experience. It’s already been confirmed that these will become a ranking factor in search.
Largest Contentful Paint (LCP)
a metric that tracks loading speed.
Cumulative layout Shift (CLS)
a metric that tracks visual stability on the page.
First Input Delay (FID)
a metric that tracks the time it takes before someone interacts with the page.
Each metric covers a different aspect of user experience and is impacted by different factors.
LCP is hurt by:
• Slow server response time
• Java and CSS that blocks rendering
• Slow loading resources (especially image and video files)
• Client-side rendering
FID is hurt by:
• Long tasks
CLS is hurt by:
• Ads causing any change in layout Cookie banners/notices
• Images without dimensions
• Dynamically injected content
• Embeds and iframes without dimensions
• Web fonts causing FOIT/FOUT
As a web agency specialized in Google Page Experience and SEO implementation, Pimclick can help you to improve your SEO and SERP.