What are social signals and how do they impact SEO?
Socials signals refer to web pages’ collective shares, likes, retweets, votes and pins by users.
These are called “social signals” because users are engaged in a social context, which takes into account conversations, comments and other user-generated annotations and engagement interactions.
Social media channels are more than than just a messaging and acquisition channel. They have an impact on SEO.
How do social signals impact SEO?
There are many ways to improve your SEO. One of them is through social signals. In fact, search engines have integrated social signals in their search ranking results over the past few years. For example, Google signed a partnership withTwitter who added tweets to Google Search results.
Here is some advice to increase the volume of your social signals:
- Post Daily: by posting every day, you will keep your brand at the top of social media news feeds.
- Use images: Images greatly increase interaction rates for all social media types because the images catch people’s eye in a feed.
- Listen to what people have to say about your brand and respond to them in a constructive and positive way
- Contests: contests are a great way to increase interest in your brand and social signals in general.
- Partnership: create partnerships with other brands to share links and original content.
- Be active on every social media : being active on all the main social media channels will improve overall visibility and social signals.