How loading time affects the performance of your website?
The loading time is a crucial criterion, both for the referencing of your website and for your conversion rate. You know, the longer your website takes to load, the more visitors you lose. To what extent? Here is how loading time affects the performance of your website.
Everyone knows: the loading speed of a website is a crucial element to attract and retain visitors.
However, we often tend to put this criterion aside to improve the aesthetics or functionality of our websites. We prefer to put a nice photo or video on the home page, even if it is too heavy.The worst mistake I encounter very often is that of stacking plugins to try to convert visitors into leads.Problem: these plugins slow down the website so much that it loses visitors.
What is the impact of loading time on your website?
KissMetrics has published a study showing the impact of loading time on your referencing, your number of visitors and your conversion rate.
The results are worrying to say the least:
- 73% of mobile Internet users say they have already encountered a site that takes too long to load.
- 51% of mobile Internet users have already found a site that has crashed.
- 47% of consumers want a page to load in less than 2 seconds.
- 40% of Internet users abandon a site that loads in more than 3 seconds.
- 1 second of charging time in addition reduces the conversion rate by 7%.